Easter is almost here, and it’s the perfect time to make your own Easter Baskets. I was inspired by vintage craft paper to make a Vintage Farmhouse Easter Basket. If you like vintage, farmhouse style then check this out!
- Contact Paper
- Box or Cardboard
- Vintage Craft Paper, translucent and solid
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brushes
- Tissue Paper, white
- Hot Glue/Gun
- Faux flowers, optional
- Tape, optional
- Assemble the cardboard box using hot glue or tape. If you have a pre-assembled box make sure to remove any labels.
- Apply mod podge to the bottom of the box using a foam brush.
- Cover the bottom of the box with tissue paper and let it dry a little.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on each side of the box.
- Once the tissue paper has started to harden, place mod podge over top.
- Use the translucent vintage craft paper to stick on top of the tissue paper.
- Cover all sides of the box with the translucent craft paper, making sure to stick it on using mod podge.
- While the craft paper is drying and hardening, cut out some of the patterns from the solid craft paper.
- Overlay the solid craft paper patterns onto the translucent paper with mod podge underneath and on top. Let it dry completely.
- Use hot glue to wrap the bottom of the box and the top with rope. Create a border with the rope.
- Next, cut two even strips of rope to create the handles for the box.
- Hot glue the handles to the inside of the box.
- Finally, cover the inside of the box with contact paper.
- Add on some decorative items like faux flowers, ribbon, or lace.
TIP: Let each layer of mod podge dry a little before applying another layer or different papers so you don’t rip the layers beneath.