Let’s get into the Christmas Spirit with some easy crafts. If you’re looking to create a fun DIY for decor or to give a personalized gift, then check out this Santa Candy Jar.
- Glass Jar (milk bottle, mason jar)
- Red Paint
- Black Paint
- 3 Small Buttons
- Can Pull Tab
- Gold Glitter
- White Fabric
- Hot Glue and Gun/Super Glue
- Clear Spray Paint, optional
- Remove any labels from the milk bottle and hand wash/dry it.
- Paint the milk bottle red and let it dry. Add 2 – 3 additional coats of red paint until you get full coverage.
- Paint a thick black stripe around the middle or lower half of the bottle. Again, let it dry and add as many coats of paint as needed to achieve full coverage.
- Paint the Pull tab and the buttons black.
- Sprinkle gold glitter onto the pull tab before it dries.
- Hot Glue or Super glue the pull tab to the middle of the black stripe. Glue down the buttons in a single column to the top half of the jar. Spray a clear topcoat of spray paint on the jar for a glossy finish.
- Wrap the white fabric around the opening of the jar and measure out how much fabric you will need.
- Cut the fabric to size and glue it around the opening of the jar. Make sure to glue the back of the fabric closed at the place where it overlaps.
- Fill the jar with holiday candy.
- Finally, tuck the excess fabric into the opening of the jar to act as a lid. Enjoy!
TIP: You can fill this jar with candy and give it as the perfect holiday treat. It even supplements Hot Cocoa gifts when filled with mints.