- Milk, preferred choice – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder Mix – ¼ cup or as much as desired
- Vanilla/French Vanilla Coffee Syrup – ½ tbsp
- Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses – 2
- Starlight Peppermint – 1
- Cool Whip/ Whipped Cream – 2 or 3 dollops
- Cinnamon, optional
- Marshmallows, optional
- In a saucepan, heat the milk on the stovetop on low heat.
- Melt the Hershey’s peppermint kisses into the milk, and stir until dissolved.
- Place 1 starlight mint and the cocoa powder into a cup while the milk is heating.
- Once milk begins to bubble at the edges and takes on a creamy consistency, remove from heat and pour into the cup with cocoa.
- Stir the milk and add the vanilla syrup. Taste to check if the full mix is to your liking.
- Top your hot cocoa off with whipped cream, cinnamon, and marshmallows.
This Ultimate Peppermint Hot Cocoa can be overwhelmingly sweet. Add in the vanilla syrup, whipped cream, and marshmallows a little at a time.