- Whole Grain Oats – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Fresh Fruit (peaches or preferred fruit) – 1 whole or 1 cup diced
- Salt – pinch
- Cinnamon – to taste, optional
- Sugar – to taste, optional
- Bring 1 cup of your preferred milk to a boil in a saucepan. Use medium – low heat.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and cinnamon to taste.
- Dice up your fruit while the milk is heating.
- Once the milk is at a rolling boil, stir in your oats, sugar (if preferred) and fruit.
- Stir your oatmeal until it thickens, but do not let it harden.
- Remove oatmeal from heat once you reach your desired consistency.
- Plate your oatmeal, top with cinnamon and more fruit, and enjoy!
Use brown sugar as a replacement sweetener.
For hands-on instructions, watch how to make this recipe cook with DW on YouTube.