- Whole Grain or Whole Wheat Bread – 4 slices
- Eggs – whole, 3 – 4
- Butter or Cooking Spray, as needed
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Cinnamon, as needed (a ton!)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tbsp
- Blueberries – ½ cup, whole
- Strawberries – 1 cup, chopped
- Confectioner’s Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Syrup, as needed
- Egg Mixture. Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Wisk the wet ingredients together until the yolks disappear and mixture is smooth.
- Toast. Gather bread slices, butter and/or cooking spray, and cooking utensils. You can cut the bread slices in half, or use whole.
- Fry. Melt the butter on medium heat in a skillet. Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture, and coat both sides. Place bread in the skillet and fry one side until brown. Flip and fry the other side until brown.
- Repeat. Repeat until all slices are cooked.
- Plate up the French toast and top with strawberries, blueberries, confectioner’s sugar, syrup or whatever you prefer.
Substitute whipped cream for confectioner’s sugar!
Substitute strawberry jams or puree for syrup.