This year I decided to do something I wouldn’t normally do for my birthday. As a child, I had sleepovers and birthday parties every year. The sleepovers stopped once I reached middle school, and instead I would usually have a family dinner with those in my household. Sometimes, we went to a restaurant of my choice, and at other times we ate a homecooked meal of my favorite foods. This year I decided to have a staycation so I booked a hotel room for a spa-like weekend, bought some spa kits online, and I pampered myself. I spent a majority of my time just relaxing before my cousin took me on a mini shopping spree and then out to dinner. I even took a dip in the pool, which I have never done in November!
Now, I want to share 7 things about myself for my 27th birthday. I figured I would get the most embarrassing and some interesting ones out the way so you can get to know me. Read at your own risk!
- Mini DW. I am very short. I am 4′ 9″, and the shortest person in my family. All of my siblings are taller than me, and even my niece is taller than me! I’m so short that people often believe I am still a teenager, especially when I am standing next to tall teens.
- I may be a Christian, but I hated church. When I was really young, elementary school-aged, I hated going to church. Even though my family grew up in the church, I despised attending services every Sunday. Sometimes I would beg not to go, and when I was forced to I would behave like a brat at church. It didn’t even have to do with sitting through service or attending Sunday school and children’s service – I just think I really hated not having a choice in the matter. Once I got older, I started to love it though! However, I don’t believe that a person needs to attend church to know God, and so I do not go to church at this stage of my life.
- I was teased by my whole class about a crush! In fifth grade, I wrote in a diary and for some reason I brought it to school during the last week of the school year. Someone got a hold of it, and everyone in class started teasing me about my crush… including the object of my affection!
- Cereal Obsession. I am obsessed with cereal. I could truly eat cereal all day for each meal (although not every day), especially Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch.
- Boy Crazy, maybe? In 8th grade, I attended the school dance with this boy I had a crush on. By attended, I mean we met each other there and danced together throughout the night. However, by the end of the night I took a walk with another boy. We were all in the same friend group, and this other boy asked me to take a walk, which turned into kissing. I didn’t really know who I liked, just that the boys were cute and my friends.
- First Kiss, Not a Miss. The guy I kissed at the 8th grade dance was actually my first kiss. It wasn’t so bad, especially since I saw him again that Summer, and we kissed some more…
- Senior Ditch Day. I love school, but even I need a break sometimes. I never planned to skip school, but one day at the end of senior year a few of my friends and I decided to just leave and go hang out. The craziest part though, is that I actually saw my mother driving around town that day, but she didn’t notice me. How wild!
Those are 7 of my secrets, and I hope they gave you a little more insight into who I am. Hopefully you were able to laugh at some, which I expected to happen or I wouldn’t have written about them. Care to share some of your secrets? If you want to get something off your chest, or share something that might make me laugh then comment below.
*Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday and sent me gifts. Thanks to DR for coming to hang out. Special thank you to my cousin, Malikaa!!!!!*