- Brown Rice, boxed – 2 bags
- Frozen Shrimp, deveined with shell off – ¼ lb.
- Butter – 4 tbsp.
- Celery, chopped – 1 cup
- Scallions, diced – ½ cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
- Soy Sauce, low sodium – ¼ cup
- Seasoned Mix
- 2 tbsp. – Paprika
- 1 tbsp. – Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp – Sea Salt
- 2 tsp – Whole Oregano
- 1 tsp – Italian
- Shrimp. Defrost frozen shrimp, rinse and drain. Coat with seasoned mix and refrigerate for 1 hour. Add more seasoning, depending on how you like it. My mix is light because of other ingredients added during the sauté.
- Wash and dice the celery and scallions before placing into a container to refrigerate. Keep cool until it’s time to use.
- Rice. Submerge 2 bags of brown rice in 4 – 6 quarts of water. Add a dash of salt and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain rice and add 1 – 2 tablespoons of butter. Season to taste, if desired.
- Sauté. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat in a skillet. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute on one side before flipping. Let shrimp pink up and add soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Slowly sprinkle in celery and scallions. Sauté until browned and shrimp is cooked fully through, about 2 – 3 minutes. Add additional tablespoon of butter, if needed.
- Remove Shrimp sauté from skillet and plate over a bed of rice.
Sauté some red and green bell peppers and minced garlic for more flavor and place on a bed of lettuce along with the shrimp
Warm up a burrito shell and wrap this Brown Rice Shrimp dish for a filling lunch.
Comment your favorite recipes below or let me know when you’ve tried mine!